Sunday, October 08, 2006

of budgies and blogging


I spent my Saturday afternoon lying on blankets in my garden with some friends, staring up into the sky and eating ice-cream (obviously a much wiser choice than writing my essay) and somehow...perhaps because we were looking at the sky...the topic turned to birds. My digsmate Gail exclaimed "What is that???" as she pointed upwards...I replied "It's a Ha-de-da Gail, otherwise known as a Cape Ibis" and so the random conversation continued until Gail was adamently declaring that just because swallows can glide and budgies cant, doesnt mean they are better birds! Indeed my dear Gail. Oh how i love and treasure these insightful moments in our lives, hehe. What this leads me to is the fact that I have started to think in terms of blogging. I have often thought of late,mmm, I should blog about that, or, I have somethign to say about that (yes, my view on PE Mullets is coming soon so stay tuned), which I think is a good thing...I am glad I have entered this space, where people share their thoughts, their views, random info... or just enjoy a big fat...rant ;-)

6 comments:

Carlz said...

angie - i'm so glad your a part of the "stalkosphere" as vince calls it - so much fun! ok ok ok

Paula said...

Yeah, i'm sorry gail, but you really have to admit budgies are the dorkiest birds... ever!

Anonymous said...

im starting to get scared of all you blogging people i think i need to start one to understand what you all are going on about... :) (there are no dorking birds!!! ok maybe pigeons... :))

Anonymous said...

i meant dorky :)

Ange said...

i agree al, get with the programme ;-) what about guinea fowls...damn, now those are annoying birds, I get woken up by them almost every morning thanks to the DSG fields and their little homely farmyard.

Anonymous said...

budgie's are exceptionally intelligent and loving birds, especially the late bluey, so pls refrain from insulting these beautiful creatures...i'm serious....