Tuesday, May 23, 2006



Winter has hit us with full force, even old Simon Gear cracked the nod to appear in a news insert tonight. This is my second winter in a row now, the pic is of a hotel I stayed in on top of a Swiss Alp in Lucerne. Although we dont have to deal with snow to that extent, South Africa is not equipped with central heating like the Europeans. For us hot water bottles and mini heaters will have to do, I find it hard to imagine how hard it must be living on the streets in this weather where the only source of warmth is a single blanket or jacket... if you are lucky. Makes you think twice before complaining!

4 comments:

Carlz said...

hi friend - you so right - we just did a story on www.grocotts.co.za about how the people in Extension 6 are coping and we are so lucky! I'll keep ya warm till Phil arrives if you want...

jvonblog said...

I think we should do something to help these people, as opposed to doing stories! Perhaps we should ask people to donate food, blankets and or old clothes that could be passed on to those who really have nothing... especially with these rains! Who's keen? Drop me a mail jase_vb@yahoo.com.

Carlz said...

ok seriously angelah - please update your blog...

Beth said...

Is that Mt. Pilatus? I've been there! So beautiful!